I’ve been feeling very overwhelmed with all of the changes and obstacles in my life these days, so I’ve decided that it is time to make a gratitude list. No matter how dreary life gets, I want to remember that there are always things to be grateful for.
These are just a few of the good things in my life these days:
- It is sunny AND I have access to a pool.
- I have a family that cares about me and helps me.
- I have Sifa, the perfect partner for me.
- I have a place to live and yummy food to eat.
- I live near thrift stores.
- I’m done with my undergrad!!
- I have some promising job prospects.
- My hair is getting really long.
- I’ve got a good skincare routine going.
- I’ve got my recent hobbies (embroidery, watercolor, plants) to keep my free time productive.
- I just bought Crazy Rich Asians so now I can watch it whenever I want.
- My car has had zero problems the past few months (knock on wood).
- I officially beat Sifa in Monopoly twice in a row this week.
These are definitely not the only good things in my life right now, but they still make me feel good! It’s fun to remember the silly little parts of my life that make my days a little brighter—and writing it down makes it even better. Now I can look back on this post whenever I’m having trouble finding the good in my life. Now I am more motivated to start this week and see what fun will happen. Now there is proof that I beat Sifa in Monopoly and I can show it to him when he forgets in a couple weeks.
It’s normal and okay to be discouraged, but I don’t ever want to forget how much I am blessed every day. If you’re thinking that counting your blessings might help you out, just do it!